Hello Students! As you begin to prepare for your summer 2018 trip to Nicaragua, there are some items you will need that you might consider putting on your holiday gift list.
- Mosquito bed net- Wedge and ridge nets work best for our conditions
- Sleep sack- a thin one is best, you don’t need a sleeping bag. You will usually have bedding but a sleep sack will come in handy in a couple of locations.
- Light weight and quick dry pants, tops, underwear. You can pack light if you bring things that dry quickly.
- Sun block, bug repellent (DEET), and phosphorus free soap, shampoo (suggest Bonner’s).
- Rasher/ rash guard for sun protection, surfing.
- Hat for sun protection
- Scrubs for working in the clinic- at least the top. The clinic staff expects us to look professional. You can wear used, clean scrubs as long as they are in good condition.
- Donation to your travel fund
- Travel book on Nicaragua or books on Nicaragua culture and history
- Donation to one of the organizations we will visit or for a community development project. See Helen if anyone you know is interested in contributing directly.